Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jet Engines on Pasta Night

Though my Christmas blender has been getting a lot of use lately, I have yet to give its food processor attachment a try. I have thought of making pesto or a good aioli for Wednesday's Pasta Night tradition, but Wendesday is such a rushed night that I barely have time to throw noodles in water.

You see, on Wednesday I have RCIA meetings at 7 pm. I get out of work anywhere between 5:30 and 6 pm. It takes me about 15 to 30 minutes to get home, and about 10 to 15 minutes to get to RCIA. That leaves very little time to make food, and even less time to eat it. Couple that with my current vegetarian stint for Lent, and eating properly becomes a wicked challenge.

To make things a little easier (and healthier) on me, I asked Ben to start the pasta noodles and decided to whip some tofu into my pasta sauce with the use of the food processor. It would be healthier for me, and I doubt that Ben would noticed the pureed tofu.

He noticed, but not because of the taste. He was unaware, as was I, of the fact that our extremely powerful food processor sounds exactly like a full-scale jet engine. I jumped in terror. Ben backed into a corner, eyes bulged in fear. The cats all hid. Once the noise died I had to explain what I did, so Ben didn't think I was trying to kill him.


Ben has not forgiven me, nor has Murray.

No comments:

Post a Comment