Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cool Water

I am damned fortunate, more so than I ever truly know. Every morning I wake up to a solid roof, the certainty of a meal, the rich challenges of graduate classes, the love of a good man and beautiful friends, and the chances to simply create. I forget to focus on my luck quite often.

Today in class I was reminded of a blessing I hardly even acknowledge: water. I am no stranger to droughts (I am Californian, after all). I even panicked once when I saw Ben pour a half-finished glass down the drain. I still never give it much thought because I can always count on a cool glass of water if I need one. The Dining Room in Eugene offers as much water as you like with your meal. Fresh, cool, clean water.

I hope that the following image will speak for itself. In case it does not, let me remind you to think about how lucky you are to have even a glass of clean water.

No comments:

Post a Comment